About Me

My photo
I'm simply a design of God. I create what he tells me to create. Some call me a hairstylist, makeup artist, stylist, poet, designer, writer, painter... I call me B.Ross the great "I AM".

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sink Or Swim?

As time moves forward and our eyes become wide to the life that is spinning around us we become submerged in the water of our own destiny.  Some of us lead a life of treading the waters, slowly moving through shallow areas where we can still see our feet beneath us. We watch our own steps and look down for the security of knowing you'll be able to rise above.Treaders are  Rationalist. Other people float through life, comfortable in one spot, allowing the waves of emotion and change to push you in any direction, an optimist. Although floating seems carefree and peaceful there are moments when you feel you've been pushed too far and because you've been floating for so long you panic. Panic is what causes us to decide whether we are going to sink or SWIM. Some people know how to swim, they've been taught, and learned so well that when panic occurs they are prepared while others know how to swim because of fear. In a literal sense I learned to swim from floating...I was an optimist with an arm float! When I was a child I took swimming lessons and was not able to learn. I was scared that my instructors wouldn't be able to save me, afraid that I would end up in water that is too deep. Then, one summer I was on family vacation (still a child) and I started treading, I trusted myself to stay in one place that was comfortable for me and while having my security wrapped around me as a guard (my arm float)  I dove into the water and began to swim under. Like a bee whose body is too big it should not be unable to fly I was a child who shouldn't have been able to swim but because I didn't KNOW that my arm float had come off I swam into the deepest of water by myself. Now as an adult I see that there are many things I was unaware I had the ability to do. When we SWIM through life we move toward something that is deeper. We take a chance by letting our feet up from beneath us and depend on our strength and will to get us to the point where we want to be.  Don't drown yourself in doubt by what you fear, or choose to tread in the same spot that gets you nowhere. Never become too comfortable being a "floater" either, because sooner or later it all comes down to TWO options. You must decide if you're going to SINK OR SWIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment