About Me

My photo
I'm simply a design of God. I create what he tells me to create. Some call me a hairstylist, makeup artist, stylist, poet, designer, writer, painter... I call me B.Ross the great "I AM".

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Thank You Mrs. Carter!

Recently I watched the HBO movie special on Beyonce "Life is But A Dream". The reason I follow Beyonce's career is because she stands out to me as not only one of the greatest performers of all time but because she is a respectable role model and does things with such class. As I prepare to ground myself in this womanhood I've approached I look to Beyonce for inspiration. There is a mystery behind her, her previous selectivity on responding to rumors is the perfect example of being disciplined enough to know when it is appropriate to speak. Many of us are sucked into social networking and are known for saying whatever, whenever we feel like it. We create an image of us with every tweet, post, and picture good or bad. After Beyonce's special I gained more respect for her and understood the importance of the mystery (privacy) she has created. When you create a level of privacy and go against the social networking world that consumes so many minutes of our day we open a window for those who really want to KNOW us all while creating an open ear for what we do need people to know. I'm taking a hiatus from social networks and getting back into sending out real messages  about important things like love, nature, empowerment, and inner beauty. When I reveal so much of myself on a daily basis it lessens the value of my words... because not every thought needs to be written and not every thing I do in the course of a day needs to be discussed. I'm growing, I'm changing, and I'm appreciative of role models like my sisters and BEYONCE who inspire me to speak less and DO more. The way Mrs. Carter documented her everyday life so SHE didn't forget a thing has moved me to do the same. One day I want to share my story with people and  introduce who I am and why I'm here... Below is one of my fav clips from Beyonce's special it's not about perfection it's about being human,working, living, loving, losing,  it's about being the example and being patient enough to wait until you fully develop to tell it ALL together I hope you get a chance to watch the full thing. It is beautiful:

No comments:

Post a Comment