About Me

My photo
I'm simply a design of God. I create what he tells me to create. Some call me a hairstylist, makeup artist, stylist, poet, designer, writer, painter... I call me B.Ross the great "I AM".

Sunday, June 2, 2013

LOVER FRIENDS.

 When I was a teen my parents would always introduce the guy I was dating, to family as my "Friend". As if the introduction really made any difference, I was always offended; I felt that whoever I was dating at the time deserved the label "BOYFRIEND". In my late teens/ early 20's  my friends and I would say 'I don't want a boyfriend I want a MANfriend'. NOW I say, 'it would be nice to just have a FRIEND'. It's funny how the saying "Your parents are always right" rings a bell whenever I get those "AH  HA!" moments in my head.  With age you're suppose to grow and as you grow you realize that the slick comments made by your parents were almost a foreshadowing. At 24, I realize most people in our lives don't even know how to be a friend let alone more. A friend is someone who is like next to kin. Friends should be the people that hold you accountable when you're wrong, they should be loyal, support your business endeavors, and when you're not around a FRIEND is one who speaks so highly of you (despite ALL they could say about you) to the point that even you're surprised by your own greatness. Today when I sat down and thought about what I wanted in a soul mate "FRIEND" is what came to mind. Think about it, we ALL have "friends" that we argue with, then we make up; friends who we don't have to talk to everyday but when we come together it's like we never skipped a beat. Friends become the God parents to our children, they are our designated drivers (with whom we trust our lives even when they've been drinking too, only less than us), and friends hold our secrets (the ones family may not even know about). Why wouldn't you expect that GREATNESS in your future spouse? If you can be a great friend; someone who is honest and loyal you can perhaps move forward to becoming something more, like FAMILY. I challenge my people to evaluate the substance of the relationships around you. Are you with your friend? No matter if the dynamic of the relationship changes REAL friends last forever. Love last FOREVER. Boyfriends & Girlfriends come and go. SEEK friendship, not a title, because a real friend will know how to handle your heart without having to label you anything other than their FUTURE. Wherever there is friendship I'm sure love is somewhere waiting near.

XO- Ms. Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment