About Me

My photo
I'm simply a design of God. I create what he tells me to create. Some call me a hairstylist, makeup artist, stylist, poet, designer, writer, painter... I call me B.Ross the great "I AM".

Monday, January 4, 2010

The Law of Assumption.

As I continue to mature & develop relationships I have become very observant of those who confuse "The Law of Attraction" with what I call "The Law of Assumption". The law of attraction teaches 'what you put out, you get in return' but where this can get sticky because many people are afraid to truly PUT OUT. I can only speak from a womans point of view, but I'm sure many men will agree that we have been trained to shield our emotions, kinda like a child touching a hot stove we don't want to be burned again BUT with a heart we must inch our way up and take a risk if we want to truly be happy. We need to put an end to "The Law of ASSUMPTION" no matter how many physical signals you are putting out to your "lover friend" we as humans operate on a verbal understanding. You can't always assume that the other person knows what you are thinking. For example: take 2 adults who have been "hooking up" for a couple of months, both are very friendly, nonchalant, & easy going. Outside of "hooking up" casual conversations persist but NEVER on the topic of relationship, political, or any subject that withholds some sort of substance. This scenario may be perfect for some & definitely can work if both adults KNOW that they have a mutual understanding but 9/10 1 of them is wondering "Where is this going?". Shielded that person doesn't want to express the concern so they use "The Law of Assumption" and assume the other person knows how they feel. This is CRAZY people! Your lack of communication can only do 1 thing, which is confuse both yourself & your "lover friend". If you want to attract the RIGHT energy, relationship, or friendship in your life you must SPEAK up on what your expectations are. SN: That example is completely fictional ;)


"One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter" - James Earl Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment